Things changed just enough to be annoying when updating your plug-in to Vault 2014. So I thought I would make a quick video on how to update your app. This is actually me updating DECO 2013 to 2014, which makes for a good real-world example.
Here is a quick summary of my steps, which can be done in any order:
- Updated my file and assembly version numbers (optional)
- Updated my references to use the Vault 2014 SDK DLLs.
- Added reference to Autodesk.DataManagement.Client.Framework.dll
- Added reference to Autodesk.DataManagement.Client.Framework.Vault.dll
- Deployed to %ProgramData%\Autodesk\Vault 2014\Extensions
- Changed the class implementation from IExtension to IExplorerExtension.
- Updated code to use Connection object instead of creating a WebServiceManager from the VaultContext.
- Fixed any compile errors from web service API changes.
- Removed any code that held a reference to a WebServiceManager.
- Updated .vcet.config file.
- Updated the ApiVersion assembly attribute.