PLM 360 was updated last weekend. The Read Me First page has a listing of new REST API pages, but I’d like to also point some things out.
- New Feature - Better error information when adding or updating an item. Now if the operation fails because of bad field data, you will get back information on which field(s) caused the failure. It’s a big time saver when, for example, you are updating an item with 100 fields on it. See FieldValidationError for more information.
- New Feature - Item and System change logs. You can now read the change logs through the API. The Item change log shows you all recent item changes. The System Configuration change log shows changes to workspaces and other system level objects. Both APIs require admin-level access.
- Enhancement - Max page size increased to 5000 when getting items. Only applies to the get Items endpoint. 100 is still the max page size for other endpoints.
- Bugfix - filtered picklist values - When getting or setting filtered picklist values, the PicklistValue object should have a displayName field but not an id or url field. This is because a filtered picklist is just a filter value, not a pointer to a specific item. However, Item Detail is an exception. In those cases, PicklistValue should have all 3 values set.
- API Change - Integer to Long - Most integer values have been changed to long. For example, Item.Id. If your app is currently using integers, you should be OK as long as you don’t have over 2 billion objects in your tenant.